Thursday, September 5, 2013

Moments

Flashes of brilliant clarity moving in waves.
In realization I reach out with my mind, as if attempting to nail down these fleeting states of consciousness.

The fingers of my mind reaching,grasping, and the moment is gone. I barely miss, as the moment vanishes like a cloud of smoke. It is as if my effort is a strong wind, rapidly dispersing the vapor.

Sitting, mildly frustrated, searching for answers. Reflecting on the hours of study. Despite my efforts, I am unable to maintain the dagger like concentration that I can still remember from only a few weeks ago.

Moving in waves, flowing like the oceans washing over me, purifying, cleansing. Mind seeing clearly without eyes that deceive.

Moments, flashes of brilliant clarity, are still just moments subject to change.

Photo by David Rivera of Revolution Photos