Monday, October 27, 2014

Searching For Safety (Where You Can Find it)

We're always searching for a feeling of safety.
Locks on our doors and alarms on our cars.
Our fluttering hearts bare to the world.
We tell ourselves things will be alright.
The uncertainty can be suffocating.

Constant searching, a determined heart.
Either way, I can't stop looking.
But then again am I reaching too far?
The mental stones must all be turned.
Careful not to mistake the finger for the moon. 

Peace cannot be brought in from the outside.
Fortunately it can grow and bloom.
Walking down a winding road, less traveled.
I do not miss what is whittled away.
Pushing forward, dedicated. 

If I rush ahead, I will miss the ride. 
Look, it's all perfect in every minute.  
So I better try to enjoy the show. 
Slowing down long enough to see the moment.
Only now can be touched.



Photo by: David Rivera - Revolution Photos